10. Get Up, Stand Up – Bob MarleyAnyone who has ever faced challenges and obstacles should definitely listen to this Bob Marley classic that reminds us to “Get Up, Stand Up” whenever we fall down. Though this song was released in the 70’s, it’s every bit as powerful and true today as it was then. “Hey, get up, stand up, stand up for your rights Get up, stand up, don’t give up the fight”
9. (I did it) My Way – Frank SinatraIt’s crucial to remind ourselves that we need to take a stand on what we believe in, even when it means that sometimes, we would have to stand alone. To me, this song is all about living life on our own terms instead of succumbing to others’ expectations of you. The fact that it’s sung by one of the best voices of all times is definitely an added bonus. “I’ve lived a life that’s full, I traveled each and every highway . And more, much more than this, I did it my way..”
8. Beautiful Day – U2It’s hard to not have a spring in your steps during or after listening to this song. It reminds us just how important it is to treat each day as a gift, embrace the present and live life to its fullest each and everyday. “It’s a beautiful day.. Don’t let it get away”
7. Don’t Rain on My Parade – Barbra StreisandI admit it, whenever someone tries to dampen my mood, this song instantly plays in my head and I’ll belt it out too! It always helps me to stay calm and reminds me that no one has the ability to change my mood or feelings without my consent. “Don’t tell me not to live, just sit and putter. Life’s candy and the sun’s a ball of butter. Don’t bring around a cloud…to rain on my parade! “
6. We Are the Champions – QueenGrowing up, I listened to A LOT of Queen as they are one of my mum’s all time favorite bands. “We are the champion” remains a perennial favorite that continued to be embraced today due to its positively infused energy and lyrics. “We are the champions – my friends. And we’ll keep on fighting till the end. We are the champions…”
5. Don’t Worry, Be Happy – Bobby McFerrinIn my opinion, this is the original “Happy” song. Not only is its tune incredibly catchy, its lyrics is just as inspiring. This song encourages us to see the lighter, positive side of life and abandon anything that weighs us down because life is just too short not to be spent being happy. “In every life we have some trouble When you worry you make it double Don’t worry, be happy.. Don’t worry, be happy now…”
4. It’s My Life – Bon JoviThis song takes me back to my college years, nights of singing along to its lyrics on top of our lungs at our favorite bars. It inspires us with hope and not so subtly encourage us to stay true to ourselves and make decisions based on our heart instead of our head cause we ain’t gonna live forever… “It’s my life, It’s now or never I ain’t gonna live forever I just want to live while I’m alive…”
3. Can’t Take That Away – Mariah CareyI get teared up whenever I hear this song. Every verse of the song is fueled with so much emotion and is a constant reminder that no matter where we came from or what we look like, we all have greatness within us that no one can take away. It inspires us to stay strong and believe in ourselves, no matter what others say or do to contradict it. “Cause there’s, there’s a light in me that shines brightly. They can try, but they can’t take that away from me…”
2. Don’t Stop Believin’ – JourneyI don’t know about you but I can’t help but be tempted belt out this song’s lyrics whenever I hear it – regardless of where I’m at. Yes, it’s totally embarrassing for those around me but more often than not, they end up singing along because this song is THAT powerful.. and not to mention catchy. The lyrics remind you that if you have faith, stay the course and believe in yourself, you will accomplish whatever you set out to do. “Some will win, some will lose. Some were born to sing the blues. Oh, the movie never ends, it goes on and on, and on, and on Don’t stop believin’.. Hold on to the feelin’ “
1. What a Wonderful World – Louis ArmstrongNo one can challenge the greatness that is Mr. Louis Armstrong. Whether I’m feeling on top of the world or having one hell of a bad day, this incredible soulful song never fails to elevate my mood. This song is an enchanting reminder of the immense beauty to be found in the world and how fortunate we are to be living in it. “I see skies of blue, and clouds of white The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night And I think to myself, what a wonderful world…” Note: This page contains affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links. However, this has no bearing on our reviews and comparisons.
Been wanting to talk to a mental health professional but find it challenging to find counseling or therapy that is convenient, accessible, and effective? Online-Therapy.com may just be the ‘solution’ you’ve been looking for! Get 20% off their services by signing up through our special link.